Friday, February 21, 2014

Things I'm bad at

Taking pictures for my blog.
I'm so bad at it. Most of my pictures are vertical which isn't good for inserting into posts, and I always forget to take pictures of the most important things: food, outfits (but that's ok because my outfits are usually leggings and a sweatshirt and gold moccasins), pretty views, funny things I see, or you know, ANYTHING ELSE. Except for this week Jacey took a random picture of me. So that has to count for something.
 
Instagram.
I average like one instagram photo a week. And if it's more than that it's because I saw Baby Kate and I grammed a picture of her. But apparently I need to be careful about that because if your Instagram is full of pictures of a baby guys will assume that you have baby fever when you really really don't.
 
Keeping my room clean.
I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I don't have a dresser or if it's just because I'm insanely lazy and disorganized and it's way easier to just throw my clothes in a pile on the floor than put them where they need to go. Don't judge me for this. Or fine, judge me. Whatever. Just know that if you judge I'll never invite you over for ninja mimosas.
You guys will love me through this, right?
 
Ordering new contacts before I run out of the ones I have.
I am SO bad at this. I just like to put off spending $100+ for as long as I can, and that usually results in me wearing my glasses for two weeks straight because I'm stingy. And forgetful.
 
Calling people back.
I'm the worst at returning phone calls. I just ignore and ignore and ignore because I really don't enjoy talking on the phone. Texting I can do all day and all night, but ask me to talk on the phone and it's like pulling teeth.
 
Dealing with problems as they arise.
One time, at a job, I made what I thought was a detrimental mistake. I had trouble sleeping at night for over two weeks until I somehow found out that the "mistake" I had made didn't matter A BIT. So ignoring actually DID make the problem go away. And now I still avoid avoid avoid and it's been working out really well for me. 
 
 Just having one drink.
If I tell you, "let's go have a drink!" You should know that I mean "Let's go to happy hour and have a drink every 30 minutes and a couple of shots so that by 7pm we're ready to go home and go to sleep because I can't hang." Unless it's a giant wine glass. I'd be cool with just one of those.
 
Come on now, don't make me feel like the only person who's bad at stuff... what are you bad at? 
 

33 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I forget to take pics, I never ever order contacts before I run out, and my room is always in disarray. The struggle is real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "guys will assume that you have baby fever when you really really don't." <-- I had this problem when I worked in childcare. They'd ask what I do for work and then run the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just reminded me that I really want a pet hedgehog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I LOATHE returning phone calls.... and usually just text the person back. I don't ever like EVER put my clothes away, unless it's an expensive dress that just comes on the hanger... that actually goes on my window LOL. I am a instagram whore... but it's mostly workout pictures.... unless it's something insta worthy.... eh well ♥ no judging ;) promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so bad at just having one drink. I plan a nice appetizer and a couple drinks with friends and then wake up the next morning and only remember 60% of the night :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes with the phone calls! I'm such a procrastinator of all things having to do with the phone - calls, voicemails pretty much anything outside texting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And just like that, I forget about the fact that you don't love dogs, and I realize we are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha!! I love how candid you are! Yes-there are tons of things I am NOT good at. I love posts like these. I've been meaning to write something along these lines. Thanks for the courage. I am the worse at calling people back also...like really bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha, these are great! You look very pretty in those photos :)

    And what's the point of just one drink? I don't really think people are drinking alcohol just for the taste-minimum of two is obvious, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our rooms are almost identical. The floor is so much better than putting clothes away!! Really though, who has time for that?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief I am the worst at calling people back because I HATE being on the phone. So I totally get it. And I would never judge you for having a messy room. The only reason I have a clean room is because I pick up all the shit that's on the floor and dump it in the closet and close the door. So I'm just a big fat hider, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures of you are perfection. STOP BEING SO PRETTY. I'm really bad at showering once a day if I don't go to the gym. Or even if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! And omg that last GIF! Kathy Lee & Hoda are my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're gorgeous! and I'm equally awful at keeping my room/closet cleaned... It just takes so much energy to put stuff where it actually belongs.... who was time for that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. My room looks just like yours, and I have a dresser! Sometimes it is just too much work to put everything away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bedroom. I cannot. The onlyyyyyyyyy reason I am remotely organized is because I now live with another human with whom I share a room

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the funny post! Mine is texting ppl-I hate texting.

    http://www.thelipstickchannel.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The contact thing... GUESS WHAT. I used to wear dailies and I got SO tired of having to spend $100 every 3 months for new contacts. So I now where Night & Days. You leave them in night and day for an entire month, never have to take them out. They come 6 to a box and are $50 a box. My eyes are bullshit and wanna be two different prescriptions so its $100 every 6 months. AND you don't have to buy solution. HOLLLLLLLA

    ReplyDelete
  19. But you're like, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm THE worst at just one drink, lawdy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We might be the same person because I never take pictures for my blog... I just don't think about it. Also I cannot return phone calls. Its annoying and I don't want to. My voicemail should just say don't leave a message and try again later. Also I hide from problems, in my bed with coffee and netflix.
    I'm also bad at doing laundry... wearing jeans a few times before washing is acceptable right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is all spot-on. We're the worst at almost all of the same things... Except one of mine would probably also be laundry. I'm the worst, worst, worst at leaving clothes unfolded in baskets for far too long. Hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. As soon as I find that giant wine glass that's what I'm going to take with me to restaurants. all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so horrible at ordering contacts or going to the eye doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  25. my house is such a mess. but i can't muster the desire to clean. also i think i over gram which is far worse.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was so cute!! This should be a blogger tag, I love this!

    inwiththenew.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. it angers me that you don't instagram more, but I'm trying to let that go.
    also.. CLEARLY YOU HAVE BABY FEVER (but p.s. he was/is/forever will be an idiot)!

    your room gives my OCD a bit of anxiety, but I won't judge you... so I'll be over for ninja mimosas after work. kaythanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I feel like this list...is basically my list...so...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm bad at all these too. Especially the room cleaning. So no judgement here. Also, what are ninja mimosas annnnddd how can I get them in my life right now?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't have a dresser either!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Things you are good at: cracking me up and curling your hair to perfection.

    ReplyDelete