Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas was last week, so what?

How exactly are you supposed to start blogging again after it's been a solid week since your last post? Since tomorrow's the last day of 2013 I feel like I should post a 2013 recap but that feels overwhelming which means I'll probably try to do it because as we all know, I'm an overachiever (har har no I'm not). But for today let's just look at what happened last week because I don't have the energy to do a recap of an entire year. Yet.
 
I only worked Monday last week, and not working is the most amazing thing ever but really if I didn't have a job I'd probably get soooo bored ... that's such a lie I'd be able to find lots of things to take up my time. ANYWAY. FOCUS JULIETTE FOCUS.
 
How can I focus when Baby Kate is looking at me with those eyes and THAT LIP though?? Sorry, got distracted by the cute.
 
Christmas Eve was a really stressful day because I did 90% of my shopping that day. Every year I tell myself I won't do that but then every year I'm like hey, it's Christmas Eve, I guess I should shop! So I spent a solid 6 hours searching for gifts on an empty stomach. It was lovely. Then Ben drove past me randomly and saw the pissed look on my face and said, you look really mad, so that was cool.
 
We have a Christmas Eve service at our church every year and my brother and I lit an advent candle and my pants were way too tight and I was wearing heels and my knees were shaking but I didn't stutter or stumble or anything and I'm proud.

 
 
This is so much nothing.
 
 
Ummmm ok so Christmas Day was kind of weird. Every year until this year I've woken up at my parents' house on Christmas Morning and had breakfast and my grandma and aunt have been there and we've all been in our pajamas... but this year we didn't do that. This year I woke up in my apartment all by myself and didn't do anything until 2pm when we went out to dinner. It was weird, and it didn't feel like Christmas, but it was ok because I watched Harry Potter.
 
I spoiled Baby Kate because duh, she had meltdowns, we all had dessert and opened presents, and she fell asleep on my chest and everything was good.

 
 

Ben and I did Christmas gifts, much to my chagrin. I hate giving guys gifts. Last year I gave my boyfriend a season of Community and two weeks after Christmas it was still in the wrapper on the floor of the backseat of his car, so I was having flashbacks to that. I eventually decided to just give him a bottle of the wine we had on our dinner date .... and I put googly eyes on it because of what that guy told us about me being googly eyed. Ben said he loved it, and he understood the googly eyes so that was good. He gave me a set of mini perfumes from Sephora and I get to pick my favorite and get a full sized bottle. The perfect gift for a picky NOT girlfriend!!


I have nothing else noteworthy to say so I'll just show you this other picture of Baby Kate sleeping on my chest. You guys, it doesn't get any better. Also this picture is a lie because my hair doesn't look like that in real life.


 
 I apologize if you came here today looking for something of substance; maybe I'll have that for you tomorrow? I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas week and I'll be back tomorrow. I've missed you guys. 
 
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

14 comments:

  1. Babies sleeping on my chest is the best thing in the world. One niece has already outgrown it and I hope the other one still stays cuddly for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop thatpic of the baby i can't even. you look purty with your little crown. props to him for understanding the googly eyes thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lip pout though, her parents are in trouble! I would give her all the things with that cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get my shopping done until Christmas Eve either. Whoops. I need to improve on that for next year :) I think your gift to Ben is really cute! I also hate buying for guys. I never know what to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't get over that pouty lip picture!!! Talk about cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since I've moved out of my parents house years ago, it doesn't feel quite the same waking up on Christmas morning! I watched some HP over Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT LIP! She really is the cutest! And ur "boo" gets extra cool points for remembering the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a baby doll! You made your "nothing" post still sound pretty interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so pretty! And I love the googly eye wine. It sounds like things are heating up with ole Bennie Boo Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that pic of baby kate sleeping on you is just adorable! have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. for the record, the first picture of baby kate on your chest looks like she has a ponytail because of how your hair falls. it confused me for a good 20 seconds. also ick to having to buy boys gifts cause it's always super hard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. googly eyes!!! best idea ever. you go glen coco. and I got that perfume set toooo. it's really the best. except I gifted it to myself because I don't have a NON boyfriend guy in my life to give it to me. so there's that. BABY KATE IS THE CUTEST I CAN'T HANDLE IT. p.s. a baby looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete