Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Top 5

It's happened again: another year went by! I think 2013 has officially become my favorite year so far.  I thought about recapping the whole year because I didn't really start blogging until May-ish so you'd probably hear some new information, but then I started to do it and it was taking forever and I realized I was mostly just excited about a few things in particular. Twenty-thirteen ... you were good to me.
 

I started the year off in San Francisco with some friends and you guys, it was so much fun. It's definitely the wildest New Year's I've ever had ... we may or may not have ended up at a hotel party with people we met on the street. Your 20's are for making dumb decisions, right? Moving right along...

5. Embracing Singleness
 

When I rang in the New Year I had a boyfriend. Less than a month later, I didn't. I wrote about that experience here, but the gist is that in 2013 I learned that being single doesn't have to be a bad thing. For the first time I didn't feel like my life was incomplete, and it was a freeing feeling. Thanks, 2013, for that. (Also if you haven't, read this post about being single. It's another one of my favorites.)

4. Blogging for real
 
 The Other Juliette
 
I started taking my blog more seriously. I changed my blog name from Three Years and Counting to The Other Juliette. Erin gave me a brand new design that I'm still in love with, and I got a blog Twitter account. Blogging is one of my favorite things, and I'm so glad that this year I found out just how wonderful the blogging community can be.
 
3. Moving Out
 
 
Jacey and I finally got our shit together and moved into an apartment in San Luis. I learned some things about myself when we moved, and I've loved everything about our apartment. Even our tiny kitchen. Even our crooked mirrors and light fixtures. Even our really loud pipes. I just love it.
 
2. Meeting Blog Friends
 
If you had told me 6 months ago that I would drive 3 and 6 hours to meet people from the internet I would have laughed pretty hard and told you something along the lines of, "No way in h-e-double hockey sticks." But the weekend in San Diego with Sami was easily one of my favorite weekends of the year. It's funny how certain people just come into your life in such random ways and you just know that person is there to stay.
 
I didn't hate it when Ashten came to Ventura, either. We drank, we talked sports (Ashten talked sports), we filmed a blog (that has yet to see the internet um what's up with that????), and it felt like we'd known each other for a lot longer than just a few months.
 
I have a list of people I want to visit and hang out with in 2014 so if somebody could give me a winning lottery ticket THAT'D BE GREAT KAY THANKS.
 
And now the Number One moment of 2013 ... you probably already know what it is.
 
If you don't, you haven't been around much.
 
Here's a hint: it was in September.
 
Fine, I'll just tell you.
 
1. Meeting Baby Kate
 
On Easter, my sister told our family that she was pregnant. That day was one of the most exciting days ever, even though she wouldn't let me touch her barely-there baby bump.

 
 The bump grew....
if my sister knew I posted these pictures my death would be swift and sure.

I wrote the baby a letter... and then F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. in the middle of the night and not dramatically at all ... she came.
 
 
And she is my favorite. But you probably already knew that.

 






And that's it. My top 5 moments from 2013. This year was so great, and 2014 will be hard-pressed to beat it but I'm sure gonna try and make that happen. Maybe.
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

12 comments:

  1. good stuff! baby kate definitely takes the cake on the list! you're only like 6 hours North from meeeee so hopefully we'll get to meet next year! Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i'm stealing this top 5 idea, please and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. you had an awesome year. here's to 2014 being even more awesomer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a good year to me. I'm hoping to meet a few more bloggy friends in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a pretty good year! Baby Kate is terribly precious. Almost makes me want another baby. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you! I loved 2013 too! Here to 2014 being even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meeting bloggy friends is the best but you are right Baby Kate takes the top with so much cuteness! Hope 2014 rocks your socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. Your blog name is my absolute favorite and I kind of wish I had it...ya know, if my name were Juliette. I think you are the cutest and super funny. We'd totally be bffs if I were your neighbor...and you liked this weird snarky girl. Ok. I feel like this is getting weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great year!

    You can come visit me anytime ;)

    Oh, so can you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome year, thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can never get over how utterly adorable baby kate is! happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope I'm on your list of people to meet in 2014!

    ReplyDelete