1. You can do fun things without having a boyfriend.
2. Being single isn't synonymous with being lonely.
3. Your happiness is not dependent upon whether or not you have a boyfriend, and having a boyfriend will not automatically guarantee your happiness.
4. Being in a relationship will not make your problems magically go away. You will still have bills, and body issues, and family drama, and anxiety, and whatever else you face daily. Chances are that having a boyfriend will actually make life more complicated.
5. You can "have it all" and still not have a boyfriend. You determine what your "all" is.
6. When people tell you to "stop looking," that's bullshit. Nobody ever really stops looking; they just want you to stop talking about it.
7. It's perfectly acceptable to date two guys in one week. However, it is not acceptable to date two guys in one night. That's just rude. And exhausting.
8. Stop asking your friends why you don't have a boyfriend/when you're going to get a boyfriend/if you'll ever find love again. Nobody has the answer to any of those questions, and they're probably annoyed of you constantly putting yourself down and fishing for compliments.
9. Yes, you're beautiful. No, you don't look like Mila Kunis, Kerry Washington, or Blake Lively. They're Hollywood enhanced and that doesn't count as real.
10. Look at yourself objectively. If you were a guy, would you want to date you? Are you constantly thinking of the negatives in life, or would you provide upbeat and thoughtful conversation during a date? Are you passionate about anything, or do you just agree with what ever the person you're with is talking about? Nobody wants to go on a date with a bad conversationalist.
11. You need to be passionate about something other than finding a relationship. If you're not, then you'll have nothing to give if/when you find a boyfriend.
12. I promise, if you look at your life, you can find things that make you happy that are unrelated to being in a relationship. I promise. Don't dwell on the negatives.
13. Sure, you control your future, but you don't really control your relationship future. That's dependent upon someone else. Someone else has to decide they like you, and love you, and want to marry you. Stop living life just waiting for someone else to come to the realization that you're worth it. You are, but just because you are doesn't mean you'll get married.
14. Hollywood has influenced our culture so much that love is the ultimate goal. This has led to most women feeling inadequate if we're single. This is a lie. Don't be ashamed of being single, and don't feel like you're doing something wrong if you don't have a boyfriend.
15. Stop thinking about all the things that are wrong with you. Everyone has flaws. If there's something about yourself you're genuinely unhappy with, change it. But change it for you, not because you're hoping that change will bring you a man.
16. Man-bashing isn't attractive. Fun, yes, but in the end it just makes you bitter.
17. It's ok to want a relationship. It's ok. But when it starts interfering with your happiness and your self-worth, it's time to change something. Your happiness depends on you. And you are enough.