Monday, October 28, 2013

Tequila, bubblegum, wine, and movies

     Introductions are hard so let's just jump on in. Ready? I hope you're wearing floaties.
 
     Friday was awful and I couldn't wait to be done with work and start the weekend. Do you ever have those days where everything in the world bothers you? That was my day. Even the way someone opened a door bothered me. I needed the weekend BAD.
 
     If you don't like babies, skip this part. My sister brought Baby Kate over to my apartment for a little bit after I got off work, and we tried to get her to do her latest trick: smiling. Apparently she doesn't give out smiles easily. Diva baby, ugh. (JK I approve. If you're good at something, never do it for free.) (Did I just use a JOKER quote for my niece? Yes. Huge digression.) Cutest double chin I've ever seen.
 
 
     Later Jacey and I went downtown with our friend Molly and decided it was our job to make her drink all the alcohol. She didn't object. We went into a bar and each ordered a drink...
 
...and then we decided Jacey and Molly had to do tequila shots, because earlier Molly had told us that she liked them a lot "Because they're interactive!!" I hate tequila shots so I just took 47 pictures of them. Literally, I took 47 pictures of them shooting one shot of tequila. Obviously I should be a photographer.
 
 
     We checked the time and realized it was getting late so we decided to leave (it was 7:15) and the two other people in the bar (an elderly couple who were drinking what I'm assuming were dirty martinis) seemed like they wanted to be alone. So we left and headed to get pizza and breadsticks because #drunchies.
 
     On the way to pizza we stopped by Bubblegum Alley because Jacey and Molly had done  interactive tequila shots and I wanted to do some interactive bubblegum chewing. Bubblegum Alley is exactly what it sounds like and it's gross. So gross.
     If I was a better blogger I would have taken a picture of all the junk food we brought home with us. Ice cream, nutella, cheez its, goldfish, teddy grahams, powerade, champagne, pizza, breadsticks... it was a lot. And we hardly ate any of it because we were watching Molly watch Bridesmaids for the first time and that was hilarious.
 
     The best part of Friday is that we were home by 8 and in bed by 10. That is my favorite kind of night. Hashtag grandma hashtag no hangover.
 
     Saturday I did my ritual of cleaning and drinking too much coffee and then my friend Richae came in to town. We were way too busy on Saturday and Sunday to be bothered with taking a lot of pictures, so I don't actually have any pictures of me and Richae together. Since bloggers are visual learners I went into my Facebook archives to find the only two pictures of me and Richae that I have. I had more on MySpace but Justin Timberlake ruined everything and got rid of all the pictures so I can't show you the ones of us dancing in a club in Hollywood, I can only show you pictures of the graduation party Richae had.
 
     When we were in college we would go dance in Hollywood on Saturday nights and have the best time ever...sober. This was before we were 21 and we would just hang out and dance and get hyphy (actually I never got hyphy because I'm still unsure what it even us) because twerking wasn't even a thing (thank god) and we never once thought about alcohol.
 
     Oh, how things have changed.  
 
     So I showed Richae around San Luis and she kept calling it a paradise which is actually pretty accurate. Even Oprah called SLO the happiest city in America. The weather was in the high 70s and it was just perfect! I took her to Edna Valley Winery because it has the best view of all the wineries, in my opinion. If you visit me I'll take you here and we'll taste all the wine.
 
 
     Neither of us wanted to go out that night so we bought a tray of cheese and crackers, stocked up on wine and movies, and settled down on the couch. We turned on The Stranger Within which was easily one of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life. The story was stupid, the acting was horrible, and I don't even really understand what happened. Don't watch it, EVER. But we sat through all 90 minutes of it and I really wish I could get those 90 minutes of my life back.
 
     Next we turned on World War Z, and sat through 7 minutes of it before we found out it's about ZOMBIES (oh THAT'S why it's called WWZ) and no amount of Brad Pitt's hotness was going to make our buzz-faced selves sit through zombies at 9pm. Nope. I mean, I love Walking Dead but I don't watch it right before I'm about to go to sleep, that's just dumb.
 
     Finally we turned on The Words thinking the third time HAD to be the charm and GUESS WHAT? It was. Seriously, watch this movie. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it until Richae randomly pointed it out in the video store. I loved it and I want to buy it not because of how beautiful Bradley Cooper is but also because the story is wonderful.
 
     Then, we slept.
 
     I didn't take any pictures on Sunday either, but we had breakfast at the beach and then Richae left. It was so much fun having her here! I took a great Sunday afternoon nap and then Jacey and I went and saw Gravity. It was basically the outer space version of Cast Away and it definitely cemented my feelings of never wanting to become an astronaut. But Sandra Bullock and George Clooney were amazing and I'm glad I saw it in 3D and it was a matinee so it was only $10 so basically I was just winning all over the place this weekend.
 
     Next weekend I get to see Ashten and I'm so excited which means this is going to be the longest week of my entire life but I'll be able to handle it as long as I don't have another stupid day like I had on Friday.
 
     BYE.
 
Sami's Shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

12 comments:

  1. Blah I'm sorry your Friday sucked... I hate days like that! But your weekend sounds great and you get to meet Ashten soon... yay!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLOGGERS ARE VISUAL LEARNERS.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CANT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 47 pictures of taking shots? Nice work. And I'm constantly annoyed with everything everyday of my life- sorry Friday was rough but looked like you made up for it. I watched world war z and had nightmares. I'm also a baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually think i would gag if I walked down bubblegum alley. i have a weird hate for bubblegum. that has been in peoples' mouths. acckkk nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tequila is interactive...bwahahaha!! Bubblegum Alley, sounds like mono waiting to happen!! Glad you made up for Friday with lots of girl time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you hate tequila... At this point, I'm not even sure it's possible to patch up this "friendship".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel friday was crazy at work....but friday night made that all go away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of shots of your shots ;) I'm punny.
    I hate tequila shots, too. Sick, gross, ew. Get me something sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Bloggers are visual learners" "Tequila is interactive" I love it! Ha ha!
    We have a bubblegum wall in Seattle.. it doesn't seem as impressive as an alley ha ha!
    Sorry Friday sucked, but at least the weekend made up for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you turned off WWZ. The reviews for that movie did not adequately portray the freakin scariness. Good move. Watch it in the daytime.

    New follower from the weekend link up :)

    Brittany
    http://infinityampersand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bulkwineandspirits.com is a portal to promote trade relations between professionals and Bulk scotch whisky, alcohol derivatives, and encourage business transactions between them.

    ReplyDelete