We officially moved and it was hard and took a while and well let me give you a little rundown of what's been happening over here.
We rented a Uhaul. I drove it for approximately 8 seconds when I backed it into the driveway and Jacey did the rest. But obviously I had to take pictures because I felt like a BA (badass). And after these pictures I promptly forgot to take any others because I suck and also my hands were full.
Let's revert to my favorite thing: A LIST of some things I (we) learned during the move.
1. Driving a U-haul isn't that hard.
2. Don't wear flip flops when you're moving because like, what if you have to carry a bed and a sofa and a bookcase and a billion boxes to the car? Your flip flops will probably fall off your feet and your friend will laugh at you and say "why are you wearing those shoes do you need to borrow my Nikes???" but you'll be stubborn and you'll just be like "Hail no I don't need your Nikes I can totally move in flippers," and then you will continue to wear your flip flops but you will regret it.
3. Measuring your space is actually pretty important. We didn't measure anything in our apartment. It looked great, we loved it, we signed, and we moved in. Ha ha joke was on us when we tried to get Jacey's queen box spring up the stairs and into her room.
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to describe what exactly happened but I'm having a really hard time because this is the worst visual aid in the world. Basically the stairway and the hallway to our bedrooms is REALLY narrow and no amount of pivoting will get that stupid box spring into her bedroom. We were laughing at ourselves so much that we almost dropped it like eighteen times. We tried to flip the box spring up and over the railing on the top of the picture but it won't flip because the width of the staircase just happens to be the exact same width as a queen sized box spring and now we have a box spring out on our patio just hanging out and being an obnoxious decoration.
4. Apparently your mid-20s isn't too old to have a mattress chilling on the floor. We finally got Jacey's mattress into her room even though at one point I was squished on those stairs with the stupid mattress shoving my face against the wall while I was screaming in a panic, "Get this off of me! Get it off! Get me out! I can't get out! HAAAAALLLLPPP!" So now she has a mattress on the floor while we try and figure out what we're going to do.
5. Unpacking is a bitch. Did you know we only have two kitchen drawers? TWO! At first we thought that wouldn't nearly be enough but it turns out that we have more cabinet space than we know what to do with. I'm not even kidding you. But even with all that space I'm still not a fan of unpacking, because I'm a terrible organizer and I get so distracted. So Monday when we had to line all the shelves with contact paper I knew I'd need a drink which turned into more than one drink which resulted in an all day hangover yesterday what was this number even for.
6. I am a hoarder. Ugh. This whole experience has been a giant why do I have so much shit!? but then when I try to throw away a piece of paper I doodled on in college I develop this stupid emotional attachment to it so back it goes into the same box that has been moving with me from place to place for 6 years.
6 1/2. I'm horrible at grocery shopping and that's why our fridge basically looks like this.
7. I need a bed. Jacey has been reeeeeeally nice in letting me
snuggle share her bed but I need a bed. It's going to be fun watching the bed guys try and get the new bed into my room ... I mean, just see #2.
8. I can't think of a number eight.
9. Or a number ten.
10. Oh but guess what we have two man-neighbors (maybors? meighbors? neighmen?) and they're nice and I'm still awkward because when I met the second one I looked like I did in that picture up there with the contact paper and I said, "Hi, sorry my hand is a little damp," and that was his first impression of me and I didn't say anything else.
And that's all I have to say about moving (for today, at least), so let's move on to something else that I'm REALLY excited about!! This is a picture of Rachael, and she was the inspiration for this announcement!
Thanks Rachael for letting Allie borrow this picture that I borrowed without asking but I'm sure neither of you care.