Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just some randomness

     Dear You,
          How are you doing? I am fine thanks. The weather here has been good lately.

     That's how I started all the letters I wrote to my camp pen pals like 15 years ago. Ten year old Juliette really had a way with the words, amiright?  I mean, you're probably sitting there just wishing you could get a letter from me. Well you can't. Because there's Twitter, and Facebook, and Instagram, and blogging, and e-mail, and snapchat, and gchat, and group texting, and vine, and Pinterest, and I'm exhausting myself thinking about all these different things so I'm done with that.
 
     Yesterday Jacey and I had the brilliant idea to start the Couch to 5K thing, and while we didn't die, I was definitely wishing we had just stuck to the "couch" part of the training routine. But apparently the couch part isn't really part of it so whatever. I learned some stuff though.
  • It's hard to run while you're laughing and we were laughing a lot, mostly because we were quoting Bridesmaids the whole time. "Want to run on the street instead of the sidewalk?" "No, it's like, super gravelly." or, "This is hard. Oh, shit." "Yeah oh shit...yeah oh shit."

Clearly we were working hard. That's why I was able to take a selfie.
 
 
WHY DID I GET A COUPON FOR CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES WHEN WE WERE DONE WITH THE WORKOUT. THAT IS SO WRONG. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FAIL. I wondered all these things as I sat on the floor and ate sour gummi worms.

  • There are a lot of cats in our neighborhood.
  • Which brings me to another story....
     Last night I walked in the front door and left it open for a grand total of 5 seconds, and in those 5 seconds, this happened:

 
 
     A CAT. IN OUR APARTMENT. And that's the second time that's happened. And I sort of want to keep one of them because I sort of want a cat. But Jacey is "allergic" so I'm not "allowed" to have a cat. But I might start buying treats and putting them on the porch. Also I'm going to start naming them after Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings characters. Actually I might name that one up there Fat Amy because since Sunday I think I've watched Pitch Perfect three times.
 
     Other things you probably care nothing about:
 
     -The Dodgers lost to the Cardinals last night and now we're down in the series 3 games to 1. So if we lose today we don't go to the World Series and two of my ex boyfriends are going to be so happy which of course makes me mad because I am mature.
 
     -I AM GOING TO SEE ASHTEN IN 16 DAYS.
    
    -I have to go grocery shopping and learn how to make healthy meals because sour gummi worms for dinner really isn't cutting it. Send me your healthy easy recipes.
 
    -Why is it only Wednesday.
 
    -This is my new phone background.
 
BYE. 
 
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

16 comments:

  1. a cat once randomly entered our house and my mom legit took a broom and wacked it out the door. it was mean but funny at the same time

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love you and love this fun little post! I do Couch to 5K too. And by do, I mean don't usually. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know someone who named their cat Parking Lot because they found her in a parking lot. maybe you could name one of them Porch. also, tell Jacey that cat allergies are a myth because CVS has like 3927528 allergy medications.
    i did the couch to 5k but didn't make it past 3 weeks. running is hard. i always got cramps in my sides so i gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE GOING TO SEE ME IN 16 DAYS OMG I AM SO EXCITED. I WILL BRING A WAND AND WE WILL CAST SPELLS. AND I BASICALLY AM GOING TO EMBARRASS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 5 little kittens I need to get rid of so I'm going to mail you a kitten and then Jacey can't say no because it's rude to return gifts. I'll make sure to cut lots of holes in the box...

    And I have never gotten a coupon for anything after finishing a day of Couch to 5K and now I'm really sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. should I not be starting my current notes, letters, and emails like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely keep ALL THE CATS! Jacey will soon learn that the love you have for a cat is much stronger than allergies. PINKY PROMISE! Having cats is always always always a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the fact that you want to name them harry potter names makes me so happy <3

    will you name one of them trevor please? a very underrated pet in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously love everything about this post! Cracking up at the random cat in your apt and I love the idea to name them after HP characters...or Fat Amy works too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your phone background and also I am planning on stowing away in Ashten's liggage bc Atlanta really isn't that far for me to drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also I I can't spell when I get excited and try to type on my phone.

      Delete
  11. That's great that you started the couch to 5k!
    I always have little dogs come in my house if I'm not careful. Luckily I know who they belong to.. but it's still strange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JULIETTE. You have a raper cat! I had one that used to sneak in my balcony (before jmeoww thank jesus) and then it would hide under my bed and never come out. RAPER CAT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes yes yes! those sneaky cats are the best and i think they just prove how inviting and loving an environment you live in so like they want to be around you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the post that I saw earlier today that inspired me to get my ass back into the couch 2 5k grind. So thanks for that.
    It would be 10x moe fun if I had someone to quote Mean Girls with. I'm jealous.

    Also, I'd like if you wrote me a letter... please... and thanks... with cherries on top.

    ReplyDelete