Monday, September 9, 2013

Can We Just Not?

     Today doesn't suck. Weird, right? Let's keep it this way because it's pretty cool to wake up and not want to throw Mr. Quackers across the room in anger. Speaking of Mr. Quackers, LOOK, a duck face with a duck face. See what I did there?
     Stop judging. He's my security blanket and I love him. My weekend was awesome because I hardly did anything. I watched some Walking Dead and got some baby stuff and ate some food and slept and then I sat in a Lay-Z boy without a bra and watched sports and went crazy on Instagram double tapping probably 1,000 pictures and I'm not sorry. But in all my double tapping I came across some things that irritated me and then of course I thought of other annoying things and now I just have to ask, can we just not?

//Why do you need to be on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter while you're on your honeymoon?? Can you take the pictures and then wait til you get back to post them? Isn't that what #latergram is all about? I mean, fine, I've never been on a honeymoon so I guess I don't "know what it's like" but it seems like it should be about you two, not your social media. Just go order room service and do your thing. I mean, can we just not?

//I've seen way too many 18 and 19 year old girls posting pictures with their boyfriend of SIX FREAKING WEEKS and captioning them with "love of my liiiiiiife!!!" and "I love youuuuu who would I be without you???" Can we just not?  You two barely know each other. STOP IT. STOP IT!

// "I wouldn't be who I am without____!" DUH. Of course you wouldn't. This phrase holds no sentiment for me. Can we just not?

//Can we just not get into the fast lane on the freeway and drive 67 when the speed limit is 65? To quote Ludacris, "Move, b****, get out the way!"

//Can we just not talk before 9am? Just silence, except for the clicking of texts or Twitter.

//Can we just not post a paragraph of hashtags on Instagram? Especially variations of the same word? #beautiful #day #beautifulday #lovelyday #niceday #prettyday #gorgeousday WE GET IT, YOU WANT DOUBLE TAPS.

That's all.
For now.

WAIT.
I forgot to mention something: the original September Sunday Stage 5 Clinger:
Look what this girl did to me in under two hours on Sunday while I was at church:
Text messages.
It basically made my day.

Sami's Shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

23 comments:

  1. I am who I am because of the 80 InstaLikes I received from you 14 hours ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a guy at work is currently on his honeymoon and he's been sending pics like, all week. uh, WHAT ABOUT YOUR HONEYMOON???

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you have to be soooooo judgmental of people Other Juliette? I mean just let them do what they do. No one is talking crap about your duck face with a duck... Okay I'm kidding. I want to stop with all of them. ALL OF THEM. #Your #face #is #pretty #prettyface #I #Love #You #iloveyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god the "love of my life" little girl crap. WORST. The main reason I unfollowed my own baby cousin on ALL of social media. You're 17! I can guaran-effing-tee you will not be together 3 months from now. OVER IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, hashtag paragraphs! Back before I was social media savvy (but still not really), I assumed you just made up a bunch of adjectives and added hashtags in front of them. Hence the reason I refused to use hashtags for so long. Also...anyone who feels the need to document their honeymoon DURING the honeymoon should not be allowed to get married or procreate. I didn't use my phone the entire week on my honeymoon and the world of social media did not fall apart without me (we also didn't have cell service, BUT STILL.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 630 texts? I might be a little jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really into the fact I got 80 insta likes from you. <3333

    ReplyDelete
  8. The freeway thing!!! Its like everyone in Ohio just decided to be slow as hell this morning. The not talking thing too. I might get Boomer a cell phone just so she can text me until 8am. She's waaaaaaay to happy at 645am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the double-duck face! Haha! I totally agree with all your points, especially the not talking before 9:00 am, that should be a rule at work!! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously hate those people who post an entire novel full of hashtags on their gym posts like: #beast #beastmode #fitfam #beautieslikebeasts. Or, post selfies with their giant tubs on protein powder.

    CAN. WE. JUST. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG YES. get off your damn phone and enjoy yourself on your once in a life time (hoepfully) honeymoon.. that drives me nuts. and #####stop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How is that even possible? Now I want to attempt to text someone that much. You forgot to talk about your Newfoundland talent at screenshotting snapchats. #skillz #hashtag #hashbrowns

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES on the hashtag overload! I mean I love creative hastags as much as the next gal, but give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is it even possible to send that many texts in that amount of time #imgettingold

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha I loved this post - I have can we just not moments many times a day sometimes many times in the space of an hour!

    I love mr quackers he is awesome and looks proper snuggly - my comfort buddy is an Elephant called Poppins!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The talking before 9 am, yes!!! It's not that I'm rude. I just really don't feel like talking to you. And hashtag overload... I feel dumb if I put up 2 or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  17. But can YOU just not live in California? Because one week ago we were hanging out and now my birthday is almost here and we won't be hanging out and that SUCKS. Also, thanks for the likes. I personally enjoyed the time travel back a year into your Insta life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg I feel your pain. You just squint at the screen like really???

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know what I'd do without you and your double tapping in my llliiiiifffeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved every second of those (almost) 2 hours where I texted you 630 times. I'm glad it was as good for you as it was for me. Except the carpal tunnel that I have in my hands because of it. minor detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, I have a friend who is the most egregious hashtag offender. He not only does a paragraph but adds comments with ones he thinks of later. And he will correct other people's hashtags on their OWN photos! Just. No.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love this blog and your sense of humour! defo one of my fav bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. nothing made me happier than scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling and seeing nothing but you babycakes. KUDOS.

    ReplyDelete