My weekend really wasn't that eventful. We had family stuff and I slept in and watched the Dodger's kick SERIOUS BUTT. Why am I bothering to tell you about it? Here are some pictures.
1. I made the most delicious frosting ever for my aunt's birthday cake but it melted [because maybe I didn't do it totally right] and turned into a total disaster and I cried but then I got a hold of myself and everything was fine.
2. My brother gave my brother-in-law this amazing shirt. The baby is due in 5 weeks!!
3 & 4. Jacey and I went to dinner on Sunday evening and watched the Dodgers kick Tampa Bay's butt.
When Jacey and I went to dinner last night, I said I probably won't really drink, I mean, I have to work Monday morning so I should probably be responsible. And I'll probably only eat salad. I mean obviously this wasn't true, and two margaritas in it was evern more obvious that I'd just been lying to myself. So after the two margaritas, we did what anybody would do: we went to a bar, and it was depressing. When we got there (at 7pm) it was moderately busy and kinda fun. Within a half hour we were the only two in there. Have you ever been in a bar when you and your friend are the only one there? It seems like it would be fun, but it's not. It's pretty depressing. And I asked Jacey if she would take a picture of me standing on the bar, but she wouldn't. I mean what kind of friend is that?? So then we left and went to get bubblegum ice cream but Rocky Mountain was closed so we had to go to Rite Aid, and then I realized that the whole I'll hardly drink and I'll only eat salad was really just another lie I was telling myself, and then I started thinking of all the other lies I tell myself, like:
- Monday, I'll start working out on Monday. Next Monday.
- I don't care how many followers/comments I get, I blog for me
just like everybody else does.
- I'll put 50% of my paycheck in savings. Ok fine, 35%.
- I'm totally cleaning my room this weekend.
- The oil in my car will get changed this week. Like probably on Tuesday.
- THURSDAY is the day I'll get a car wash. Wait no, I'll wash it myself.
- I'll start studying for the Series 7 NEXT WEEK.
- I don't care what people think about me.
- I love salad, it's soooooo good and is soooooo much more delicious than fries and cheeseburgers.
- I'm not addicted to my iPhone at all. I could totally live without it.
- I could totally live without Twitter, too.
- These pants don't make my butt look big at all. And my butt doesn't make my butt look big either.
- I'm wearing sweat pants because they're comfy, not because they're all that fit me right now.
- I'll just eat four pretzel M&Ms, not the whole entire bag.
- Green eyeliner is a GREAT idea and doesn't look like the 80s at all.
- Tomorrow I'll get up at 5:40...tomorrow I'll get up at 5:40 instead of 6:04.
- I'll get my hair highlighted this week.
- Yeah I'll totally draft all my blog posts on Sunday night. I won't procrastinate at all.
Clearly if there were more, I'd post them, but I'm already going to bed an hour later than I said I would (irony or something?) so I'll stop here. Plus I don't want to depress myself anymore. What lies do you tell yourself? Can you related to me at all (please oh please oh please say yes)?