Thursday, August 15, 2013

Six things

     Wednesday was not a good day for me. Everything was getting to me and there was just a lot going on everywhere I looked. I dealt with everything pretty well until I got home, and then I may have cried a little bit because of PMs. So last night I really wasn't in the mood to draft any blogs, but I was trying, and I was struggling. But then I remembered that Beth tagged me in the "6 things you should know about me" post (which was actually really exciting), and it seemed like a fun idea. So here you go.
1. What's something you love about yourself?
I love that I can have fun doing just about anything. Today I could go to a Dodger's game, tomorrow the symphony, the next day a museum, and after that I could lie in bed and watch Lord of the Rings and Real Housewives all day long. Generally I'm pretty laid back, and I like that. It makes life fun.
Left: I'm such a lady with those spread legs.
2. If you could meet any blogger in person, who would it be?
Only ONE? RUDE. I really want to apparate to so many different places and meet SO many of you! But if I have to choose (which I don't because I'm making the rules but I'll just go with it), I'll pick Brittany at Where My Soul Belongs. I've been following her for a solid 3 1/2 years ever since I accidentally typed her URL into my browser instead of my own and I've been loyally stalking following along and forcing her to be my friend ever since. So Brittany, next time you're in CA let me know and I'll try not to have a family event on the day you're here (again). 


3. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Ummmm this is really hard.
I really like to be with good friends and laugh until I cry.
I really like to read.
And I LOVE to sleep.

4. Tell us something we don't know about you.
I started playing the piano when I was 7 and was practicing for a competition when I was 15 but I put my hand through a window, sliced off some of the tendon in my finger, had 40+ stitches, and never took another piano lesson. And now my right pinkie finger doesn't straighten all the way. It's not pretty but I don't think it's that noticeable. At least I hope not.
It doesn't get much straighter than that.
5. What's your biggest struggle in life?
Self-control. I do a horrible job of controlling and moderating what and how much I eat, and saving money. It's bad. The worst part is that I know it's a problem but I don't do anything about it, which is why I don't really discuss it here (or in general). I guess you could call that denial...? And now I'm giving myself a therapy session because of this question and I also feel like there's a lot of blogging material here but....I don't think I'm ready for that.

6. What's the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?
"Don't hold your feelings inside because it turns into emotional constipation which turns into emotional diarrhea." I used to see a counselor once a week (which I think more people should do) and she told me I had to stop keeping things inside, and she was right. Nobody likes diarrhea, I mean come on.


I'm tagging:
Brittany
Rachael
Mason
Sami
Kalyn
Pick 6 to answer for yourself:

1. What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
2. If you could meet any blogger in person, who would you choose?
3. Blogs you're loving right now?
4. What's your biggest struggle in life?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What's something you love about yourself?
7. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
8. Tell us something we don't know about you.
9. Who inspires you?
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

10 comments:

  1. when you figure out that whole self control thing, would you pass on your knowledge to me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! new follower here :) Love #5 and #6. I can totally relate to both of those. I am currently seeing a counselor weekly and it's amazing the self discovery that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You big dummy. You forgot "drinking" under #3.
    I swear, what the shit would you do without me? Oh, I know. BE SOBER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad ya tagged me friend. I feel so. honored. (picture me fanning my face and holding back tears). But really I needed some material like whoa and you just solved mah probz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag, blogging buddy! I loved this post and learning more about the blondie behind the blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. #6 is HILARIOUS. It is true. All of it. Especially the more people seeing counselors part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every girl has their sporty side and girly side. I know I do lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. self control? what is that?
    also, I love your laid-back-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower. I really love your honesty and quirkiness. I also love to read, and can have fun doing just about anything. I always think of doing something new as an adventure. Who knows what I'll discover. (this adventurous spirit has even led me to live in africa...) Really so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I love the "Don't hold your feelings inside because it turns into emotional constipation which turns into emotional diarrhea." You are so right! Noone likes darrhea

    ReplyDelete