Monday, August 26, 2013

I am not a runner

     You guys, IT'S OVER and I survived and it was every bit as awful as I expected it to be. I know some people just love running and it's the time when they think their best thoughts and figure out the answers to their problems, but when I'm running my biggest problem is that I'm afraid that my thighs might be catching fire from rubbing together so much, and that's not fun. Apparently that just means I'm extremely out of shape but guess what? I already knew that. NO SURPRISE THERE. So, here, look:
1. Waking up at 545 on a Saturday SUCKS.
2. I googly eyed my bib, obviously.
3. The siblings after it was over.
4. The shirt says athletic. The shirt is a liar.
5. We were signed up as a team and we got third place! No thanks to me, because only the times of the first five people count and that was my dad, brothers, sister-in-law, and sister. 

     This was our third year running the Wet N Wild, and it's been held at a different place each year. Last year it was through Knott's Berry Farm and I loved that. This year it was across from my college, and I didn't love that. It was too much nostalgia, and I wasn't ready for that. Too many memories, and too much traffic. Thankfully I was thinking too hard about remembering to breathe to think about college.  I'd like to think that now that the race is over I"ll keep running so next year I won't feel like I'm dying within the first 2 minutes, but that's what I said last year and the year before, so my track record (ha ha punny) with that plan hasn't been that great. Like I said last year: I'm never doing this race again. I'll probably say that next year too, after I get suckered into running it. However, next year I'm planning on forcing my older sister to do the race and push her baby (due three weeks from TODAY!) in the stroller so I can walk and keep her company, and then I'll have an excuse for walking and not running.

     So ok Juliette, the race sucked and you were tired blah blah blah, but how did you really feel about it? Uhh...honestly, I was embarrassed. I used to run cross country and be involved in different sports, and running a 5k was no big deal. But that hasn't been the case lately, and it's my fault, and I joke about it to cover my embarrassment. I tried to laugh when 8 and 9 year olds were passing me, I tried to laugh when 60 and 70 year olds were passing me, and I tried to laugh when parents pushing strollers passed me, but then I was out of breath and I couldn't laugh anymore. The truth is, I'm ignoring that I'm letting myself fall into some really bad patterns of eating junk and not working out, and I joke about it so I don't have to face reality. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. And this is getting a little too serious for a Monday so let's just put this lifestyle realization on pause and talk about something else.

     THE VMAs oh my gosh. I love award shows because live tweeting them is SO MUCH FUN and the VMAs didn't disappoint. I'm sure you've heard about how Miley was shocking and Gaga was shocking because she wasn't shocking and T. Swifty got caught being immature when her ex-boyfriend was onstage and somebody thought Lil' Kim was Queen B so I won't go into any of that. NSYNC reunited for seven seconds and it was the best seven seconds of the night, but to be honest with you it didn't really do much for me because I didn't grow up listening to them. In fact, just now I tried to name all five of them and there's one I can't remember. Justin, Lance, JC, Joey, and ....? Chris? I don't even feel like googling it right now. Don't yell at me.

     And then Breaking Bad came on and OH MY GOSH you guys. No spoilers but OH MY GOSH. And then I went to sleep. And can I just say right now that I can't wait for this weekend because I'm going to be spending it with Miss Shenanigans herself! AHH! The End.     

Sami's Shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-23at112320PM_zps46bb1b5d.png

15 comments:

  1. Breaking Bad, seriously!!!! I wish I was still watching it on Netflix so I could just binge on all the episodes. Now I have to wait a whole week, and that's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL YELL. You just broke my heart. How did you NOT grow up listening to them? I mean we're the same age?? Soooo that is what girls our age did back then. Please tell me you at least listened to BSB and the Spice Girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love your live tweets. And at least you ran, even if you are a little out of shape! I would never run ever even though I know it's good for me. Because running is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KEEP FORGETTING THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE HANGING OUT IN LESS THAN 7 DAYS.. AND DRINKING WINE.. AND NOT RUNNING.

    I can't even handle how excited I am. Also, I think Saturday night will be Mexican food and MARGARITAS because duh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See I did grow up listening to them...and I love em. I got so excited about them though that I hurt my 28 year old lady neck and can't turn to the left. Also woke up my kid screaming. Miley...I can't. But BREAKING BAD!?!?!?!?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tweets were on point last night! I can't wait to caatch up to BB so I can watch the series finale with everyone. GAHHHH, can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have struggled with the race but just think: you just lapped all the fatasses like me on the couch who ate Milk Duds and watched Crime Television all weekend.

    ALSO NSYNC I CANT EVEN DEAL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all your VMA tweets last night! I was cracking up! Great job on the race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i had no idea the VMAs were on last night and only found out this morning after opening twitter and being bombarded with 2534984156489 tweets about it. will be trying to catch a time-shift show of it later on today.

    congrats on doing the run!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the running even though you hated it! Found you through Sami!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww yayy!!! Congrats!! You ran it and I'm so proud of you!!! I didn't run my whole race the other weekend because that just wasn't happening... I hope you had a yummy breakfast afterwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even need to watch the VMAs between all of the tweets I was reading from bed (old lady status right here). And its okay, the only member of NSYNC I know is JT so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! You did it! I am glad you survived because I freaking love this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really proud of you for running - whether you hated every second of it or not. I guess I WILL just have to run it with you next year so that you can't escape out of it.

    Also, the live tweeting was exhausting - and hilarious.

    I liked NSYNC growing up, but I wasn't like 'omg love them'. I loved BSB and Spice Girls - but I always loved Justin Timberlake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can feel your pain about running lol

    ReplyDelete