Wednesday, May 15, 2013

She doesn't even go here!

Today was a really hard day in the food department. But let's not start there.

Have you ever been to Chick-Fil-A? If you haven't, you're missing out.
My friends and I used to go there ALL. THE. TIME.

The La Habra Chick-Fil-A did lots of promotions and Biola students were able to get chicken sammies for free a LOT, and I'm pretty sure I ate there four times a week. I also tweeted at them A LOT, to the point where I won a contest and got to try out special items that weren't on the menu! Spicy fries, spicy chicken salad, different milkshake flavors ... tons of new food at their VIP party! 
{By the way, if you don't follow me on the twitter yet, you should start doing that because I tweet up a storm about stuff that's completely meaningless. @jliette It's private but don't let that scare you. I guess I'm just a really private person NOT.}

I haven't had CFA since I moved home 10 months ago, which has been really hard. I never used to go 10 DAYS without CFA! So today I remembered that Cal Poly SLO is rumored to have a Chick-Fil-A on campus (which is less than 5 minutes away from my office)! SCORE!
When I got on campus I immediately had this wave of terror wash over me.

I don't belong here. I haven't been in college in 3 years. They're totally gonna KNOW that I'm an OUTSIDER.
OMG I'm gonna look like such an idiot walking around this campus blindly.
WHAT!? They changed things! It doesn't look the same! How am I gonna find it?
**Hyperventilate**
Why did I wear ALL BLACK today! It's HOT! (It was 72 degrees.)
I'm not glistening. This is full on SWEAT.
Stop limping stop limping stop limping stop limping.

I called the operator and she assured me that it was easy to find, so I took a deep breath and got out of the car. Then I remembered that I had been limping all day because I'm out of shape and softball did not agree with me, so I started huffing and puffing and trying to really focus on not limping because I obviously didn't want to look any more out of place than I already did. But I was wildly unsuccessful.
Don't ask me why I just assumed everyone would be staring at me in fierce judgment. I know perfectly well that never actually happens (LIE). I guess that's just the narcissist in me. You know you would've thought the same thing so you can stop your own judging right NOW thankyouverymuch.

It was awful.
I couldn't find Chick-Fil-A.
I found a sandwich place, the Cal Poly store, the bowling alley, and a Starbucks, and then I legitimately freaked out and speed-walked back to my car.
I had all these horrible visions of people shouting,
"SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!"
Mean Girls, anyone?
Which is totally plausible. **Shifty eyes**

So I accepted that I wasn't going to get my beloved CFA and tried to decide what to eat instead. Nothing sounded good and I'd also been drooling dreaming about Diet Coke all morning so I decided to make a quick-and-easy stop at The Habit.


It was fine. It had bacon on it, so that's always a win situation.
But it didn't satisfy me as much as that hot and juicy chicken would have, that's for sure.

I'll be back down in Brea this weekend so in between Bruxie, Pepe's, church coffee, and a wedding I'm sure I'll have time to visit CFA La Habra.

I'd shout out to my friends there but I can't remember their names.


1 comment:

  1. You should know that I just spent a ridiculous amount of time stalking through your archives because I just found you, and I enjoy the mean girls quotes A LOT! I quote it all the time so it kind of felt like reading my blog if I was funny, and had a blog! So, thanks!

    ReplyDelete