Saturday, May 14, 2011

Silence

     I've begun to realize lately that I value silence. A lot. As in, I don't really like to talk very much. I would much rather sit in silence than try to make forced conversation, and I appreciate those few friends with whom I can sit in a comfortable silence. The past few nights when I've come home from my job all I've wanted to do is just soak in the tub or lie on the couch with a book, or just go to sleep. De-briefing the shenanigans of the kids doesn't appeal to me; neither does hearing about anyone else's day. THIS. IS. BAD. !!!! Help!!!! Suggestions????

1 comment:

  1. Silence is golden! Kids, you love them dearly, but they ARE exhausting. I wouldn't trade my role as mommy for anything in the world! Lots of noise & energy, be it mostly good,it is still high energy. Plus you add in all the other "noise" in life- computer, phones etc, it's no wonder we crave some peace. I love the comfort when you are here that I don't have to keep you entertained, we are good just sitting here together. I am so glad you enjoy it too. Take the time to listen to your body, rest in the peace that comes & listen to God speak to you.
    I love you Honey!!!

    ReplyDelete