Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Emotional Whiplash

     I'm getting emotional whiplash. It's no secret that I'm looking for a job and have been torn between staying in Southern California or going home to Los Osos. For a while I was dead set on moving back home. I thought I was going to get hired at an office up there and I was so looking forward to it! I was so excited to be home with my family and to have a stable job. But then, as you can probably guess, I didn't get the job. That was a bad week. So then I started thinking, ok, this means I'm supposed to stay down here, right? I don't know. I thought a few things down here were going to work out, and they didn't. But I still thought that I should stay down here, and I started seriously thinking about where to work and where to live after our lease is up. Then today I heard about another seemingly great opportunity up at home, so I started thinking about moving home again and what that would mean. About two hours after I heard about it and emailed my contact, I found out that it wasn't going to happen, so I started thinking about staying down here again. It's a lot of back and forth and back and forth, and I tend to get emotionally invested in whatever I'm thinking about, so for my emotions to be going back and forth this much just really sucks. And it's exhausting. And I'm so ready to just have a job, finally. But nothing is working out. So does that mean I'm just not looking in the right places? I need a sign. A neon sign.


     In other news, Oprah's show today was about happiness. I'm not a huge Oprah fan ... I don't agree with a lot of what she stands for and I think sometimes she's pretty fake and just annoying, but sometimes I enjoy her shows. Ok, a lot of the time. Anyway, the happiest city in America is ... ready? Drumroll!! SAN LUIS OBISPO. That's where I grew up. So that was pretty cool. They interviewed three "locals," who weren't even locals and who hadn't even lived there for 10 years! that bugged me. Seriously? 


     I'm not a pessimist, I a critical thinker. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment