Sunday, January 16, 2011

100

Since it's post #100, I decided to make things fancy and turn my font purple. YOU'RE WELCOME. My plan is to keep this short and sweet, because if I go into anything long-winded it will just turn into a depressing saga of Why I am Unhappy in So Many Areas Right Now and let's face it, no one wants to read about that.  


First: I realized recently that I'm a listener, not a talker. I was surprised by that, because I've always thought of myself as a talker. But lately I've become aware that I'm much more content to just listen to what people have to say, silently taking it all in, making mental notes, and then psycho-therapeuting (yes, it's a word. I just added it to my dictionary, so there) them later on in my own head. The only times it really actually bothers me are times when I really do have things I need to talk about or advice I need, and somehow I end up listening instead of talking. How do you walk the fine line of being a good listener and becoming emotionally constipated?


Time. It's funny how often I've been thinking about time. Multiple times a day I've been reminded that we aren't guaranteed tomorrow, or even the rest of today. So why aren't I taking advantage of the time I have now? I don't know. What would you do if you knew tomorrow was your last day?


Rejection. It just plain sucks. That's the most honest way to put it. 


And last, I'm an introvert. I'm a pessimistic, sarcastic, introvert. And I'm perfectly ok with that....


...For now.


(Ok, now that that's over, go do something uplifting because this definitely was not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment