Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Free Things

A recent realization of mine is that I really like things that are free. It could be something as insignificant as a little cluster of ciniminis from Chick Fil A, or it could be winning $10,000 on a radio show. Either way you turn it, if it's free, I like it. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Something about almost "cheating the system," if you will. It's almost as if "I know that because of the laws of consumerism and supply and demand and labor cost and minimum wage I SHOULD be paying some kind of price for this or I really don't deserve it, but I'm getting it free anyway because you're doing a promotion and that's the way it's gonna be, Jack!" attitude that just warms me from the inside out. Unless, of course, the offer for something free ends at 5 o'clock p.m. and because of some stupid red light on Beach and Hilsbourough you get there at 5:01:11 and they absolutely REFUSE to give you that free small fry your mouth has been watering for since you woke up at 6 o'clock this morning and you can't even go in and buy one because you left your wallet in someone's car over the weekend, not that it had anything in it anyway because let's face it, you're in college and completely broke because Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf just REFUSE to sell you a white chocolate latte/mocha for under $4.00 but you really love them and they keep you awake and then you get on a caffeine high and you end up writing the longest run on sentences ever and you KNOW that Mr. Pudewa and Abeka would just be devastated if they read this right now. And learning that sure wasn't free!

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling him (you can tell his daughter) and Abeka already knows. They're everywhere.

    ReplyDelete